Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wow it's been a busy few days here. Tuesday night we had the opportunity to hear a friend of my parents speak at church about Christians in Germany during WWII. I love history and the 1940's is one of my favorite periods. He had just read this book and provided insights to this dark period of time.

I definitely learned a lot. It painted a very bleak picture of Christians in Germany and what they did not do to help the Jews. I can't imagine what the world would have been like if Hitler would have succeed in his plans. I'm thankful for the men and women who sacrificed their lives by paying the ultimate price for our freedom to see that it never happened.


Today was my better half's birthday. We enjoyed a great lunch at Abuelos. I seriously could just eat the chips and salsa. Very yummy! Tonight we went to the movies. He really wanted to see Predators, but I was unsure if I could handle it or not. So we compromised. We went to two different movies. He saw Predator and I saw Ramona and Beezus. It was a really cute movie and I'm just thankful I won't have alien nightmares tonight. And to top it off we both had free popcorn!! I heart AMC!

I mentioned earlier this week that I taped all of the Love Comes Softly movies on Sunday. Well, I found out today that my uncle was a distant relative of Janette Oke!!! I called my aunt this morning and she explained the connection. She told me she even has corresponded with Janette Oke!! It was great talking to my Aunt Mildred!! She is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and a great cook too!! Wished I lived closer!!

Tomorrow is back to school shopping!! I have a list that seems a mile long. Hopefully it won't take all day. I hope to work with the Burmese students tomorrow night.

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment