Monday, July 12, 2010

Busy Day

It has been a very busy, but fun Monday. I began my day working a few hours at Sylvan. I am filling in the next two weeks for a teacher who is working at a different center. It is a reading camp which is right up my alley. I'm only working Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so I still have a few mornings to sleep in! ha! It's also good practice for getting back into the swing of 2nd grade. I ran to super Target afterwards, to pick up only one thing, but made a pass through the dollar aisle, and ended up buying several more things. I could not believe all the great stuff I found to use in my classroom.

This afternoon, we ran to Staples and Walmart. Our church is doing a Back to School Drive with the Phoenix Rescue Mission. They are asking people to fill a back pack with school supplies for an inner city student. I was able to find most of the items on the list, but need to go back to Target and get the last few things. There is definitely a need in south Phoenix. We then went to see the movie Despicable Me. I had heard a lot of good things about, so I was anxious to see it. And it was cute! Top off the evening at In- N- Out and it was a perfect day!

I need to get to bed early tonight. I helping with another back to school clothing drive with Apha Delta Kappa. It is from 7:30-noon, so it will be a very busy morning.


Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment