Friday, July 9, 2010

Life in the Desert: Part One



Monsoon Season is here!! Those of you that know me know that I really love a good thunderstorm. Unfortunately those are a rare sight about 10 months of the year in Arizona. However, come July and August, the desert puts on quite a show! I always thought it was strange when I use to visit Phoenix and everyone was so excited when it rained here. Of course I was coming from Ohio where it rained all the time. I was kind of sick of the rain. But after living here for three years, I understand their enthusiasm. I loved the smell of rain today!




Of course not everyone shares my excitement!






Another thing that is just part of the Arizona territory especially in the summer...




My parents have had six in the last few weeks. Fortunately we have had none! I'm not sure what I would do if I found one besides freak out. I definitely don't go bare foot when I'm at their house!! I'm hoping we live to far "in the city" that they couldn't find us!! It's probably wishful thinking!



It's time for bed. I will be back
tomorrow for Life in the Desert: Part Two.

Cheri



No comments:

Post a Comment