Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Monday!

I have been working on a blog makeover the last few days. I'm really excited with the final product. I have finally figured out after 1 1/2 years of blogging how to add certain applications and details. It looks like a real blog now!! With all the time that I have spent, I don't think I will be changing it any time soon.

We enjoyed a nice, but busy 4th of July. It was fun to spend some time celebrating Lola's first birthday. She was so cute dressed in her holiday attire. I think the 4th of July is a perfect holiday for a birthday. You always get the day off. Lots of fireworks. Afterwards, we went to church. It was a small crowd, but considering if was a holiday it was a good turnout. Finally we made our way to my parents for dinner and a fireworks show. Of course, the best part for me was the homemade ice cream! It was nice sitting on the patio watching the fireworks. Sure beats fighting all the crowds! I think the Chinese students also enjoyed their first July 4th. They seemed to really like the hot dogs and hamburgers. One of them made the comment that the hamburgers sure tasted better than Burger King's!

I met a friend for lunch today at Paradise Bakery. I had their Asian salad which is always so good. For some reason I thought I needed the large salad. It was so big, I brought half of it home. We are getting spoiled in our area as several new restaurants have come in. Tonight we had Chipotle with my parents. I think they realized why we like it so much. My dad went through the line twice!!!

I guess this is my random news for today. Time to read my Karen Kingsbury book.

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment