Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shoes and Chocolate = A Girl's Best Friend

It's been a busy couple of days here. Yesterday was my last day at Sylvan. The kids were really cute and kept me on my toes. One of the little girls, who is 7, said to me, "If I wasn't a girl, I would marry you because you are so pretty." I think it was a compliment!?! Last night we went and heard J.D. Hayworth speak. He is running for the U.S. senate. It was neat getting to know him on a more personal level. When I was younger, I wanted to be the first woman president of the United States. I'm not so sure I want to do that now.

Saturday is laundry day around here. Six loads later we headed out. Costco, In-N-Out for lunch, and Marie Callenders to pick up a coconut cream pie for the man of the house's birthday. I offered to make a new coconut cake recipe, but pie won out. Of course I was quite upset that I couldn't get my kitchen dirty!! ha! I have never made a coconut cream pie, so I had made a call yesterday to see if Marie could help me out. Thank goodness she could! We then headed over to my parents to celebrate his birthday a few days early. My mom made a delicious meal of steak (my dad was the grill master), corn on the cob, baked potato, and salad. And of course coconut cream pie for dessert. Let me just say that Marie knows how to bake a pie. It was pretty tasty.



Last week my brother was on vacation in Maui. Between my dad and us, we had taken care of his cat. I guess we did such a good job taking care of Mimi that we were rewarded for our hard work (she is not hard to take care of). He knows that I can never have too many shoes, so he found these really cute ones at the Whaler Village. I love them!!





He also brought all of us some Hawaiian tea that I can't wait to make. And probably one of my favorites, macadamia kisses. Let me just say for a chocolate/nut lover it doesn't get much better than that! I only wish you could get them here!




I have only two more weeks before I head back to school. I have started a list of things I still need to get for my classroom. Hopefully I will be able to find everything without too much stress being involved.



Time to read my book. Have a great weekend!
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment