Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday's Fun

It's been a pretty nice Monday here. The temperature has been a little more tolerable. I've just been trying to soak in the last couple of weeks before school starts. I can't believe it is getting so close.

I started my day running to the district office to turn in some paperwork. That's always an interesting experience. Then I headed to my school to unload some items I had been collecting this summer. While there, I went through my books hoping to sort them into different categories. I also made a list of stuff I will need to get at the end of the week. I will be meeting with my team on the 4th, so I want to be as ready as I can be. I made a couple of stops and finally made it home to start watching the "Love Comes Softly" series. I was so excited that the Hallmark channel was running all the movies together yesterday. I had never recorded 12 hours back to back before, but the DVR was up for the challenge! I stayed up pretty late last night watching 2 1/2 movies. And I can't wait to see the next one. I loved reading these books 20 years ago.



My brother also brought some coconut M&M's back from Hawaii. I was pretty much planning on giving them away since I'm not the biggest coconut fan. But since I really enjoyed the coconut cream pie Marie made, I decided to give it a try. Oh my goodness!! They are so good!! I'm trying to talk my parents out of their bag!! (I just found them at Quick Trip!!)




I tried making a new recipe from Jenks West Elementary PTO's cookbook. Of course the book is a few years old, but the recipes are pretty tasty. Tonight I made spaghetti casserole. It was good, but probably won't be something I will make during the week once school starts. It took way too long to make. I was really wanting to find something different than spaghetti, but also easy and quick. While good, it would definitely be a weekend meal for the amount of preparation it takes.




It's back to movie watching. Have a great night!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment