Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Literary Essays!!!

I guess its has been a few days since I last posted. This is a very busy week at school. I took Monday off for some appointments and I must say it is more work to be gone than to be at school. I'm not sure it was worth it. Cavities or crazy class? I think crazy class scares me more. I also have my second observation with the principal on Thursday. I have decided to do a writing lesson, so I am taking a big risk. I would say that writing is my most challenging subject to teach. Writing with 6th graders is so different than with 1st graders. We are working on literary essays which is just loads of fun. Of course, the dreaded AIMS testing is only 5 weeks away!!!!

I have become a little stressed and perplexed by 6th grade girls lately. We are having issues in the cafeteria with playing with each other's food. This encompasses everything from throwing the lunch into the trash to strewing it all over the tables. This is the girls doing it, not the boys!! Unfortunately, no one has been caught doing the crime. Girls can be very mean. If anyone has any suggestions, please let know.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment