Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We just got home from visiting my husband's grandmother in Tucson. She is doing remarkably well in her recovery from hip surgery last month. Everyone is still amazed that she really is 94 years old. Since she and her sister (she lives in the same retirement center that Gr. T is recovering in) don't get out, we decided to take some of their favorite Mexican food to them. There is a yummy restaurant in Tucson called Mama Sanchez's. We picked up some carnitas and chips and salsa. Gr. T. does not have much of an appetite right now, so we were hoping this food might be something she would enjoy eating. We spent three hours visiting with them. I love listening to their stories growing up. They have definitely seen a lot of changes in their lifetime, some good and some not so good. I think it's great that they can be together during this time. We made another trip to Mama Sanchez on our way out of town for our dinner. I think I could eat chips and salsa until the end of time.

The storm clouds were moving in as we were leaving, but unfortunately they did not follow us back to Phoenix. I can't believe we have two more months of 100 degree temperatures!!!

I guess that pretty much sums up our day. I need to go through the school boxes tomorrow. Have a wonderful night!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment