Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Friday!!! And it is hot! It was 113 degrees today!! We were under an excessive heat wave today, so the kids had to stay inside for recess. That just makes me laugh. Back in the Midwest, it was the snow and cold temperatures. We. also had to put a new battery in my car this week. I was just thankful that my car decided to die in the garage and not on the 101!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of my new position in school. We were able to visit another AVID school in the Phoenix area on Tuesday. There were definitely some pros and cons. We loved how they did their tutorials with their sixth graders. We will be implementing a similar program soon at our school. I'm excited about the possibilities.

I'm going to be taking a two week reading class starting next week. It will meet on Tuesdays and Thursday from 4:30--8:30. I'm also looking into getting my ESL provisional certificate. I would probably not start that until January. With the position I have this year, I can take advantage of these classes.

My in-laws are visiting this weekend from Kansas. We went to one of our favorite pizza restaurants for dinner. I'm not sure what all we have planned, but I'm sure staying close to an air-conditioner will be a must. I put a pork roast in the crock pot that will have for dinner tomorrow. 20 hours later, it should be delicious.

Hope you have a great weekend!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment