Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yeah for short weeks!! This week was conferences, so we have had a couple of half days plus Friday off!! I think my mom and I are going to checkout the new Steinmart tomorrow. They have recently opened a store closer to us, so I have some high hopes. I guess we will see. Tomorrow night my family and I are going to dinner at a Mexican restaurant downtown and then to a one person play. It is The Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis. Should be a lot of fun.

We did our 4 mile hike again yesterday afternoon. I wish I could say it is getting easier, but I'm not sure about that. The temperature was around 58, so that made it very pleasant. Unfortunately it didn't help me much going uphill. Once you make it to the "Saddle" it is mostly downhill, but the first hour is a killer. I usually am so excited to get out there, but once I start I'm like what in the world am I doing??? Lounging on the couch with my Sonic Dr. Pepper sounds so much better!!! A week later most of the pain is a distant memory, so I do it again to myself. We do get some great picutres of the desert.

I got the idea from my cousin to watch Mary Poppins
tonight. It has been a long time since I had seen it. Maybe a Disney marathon is in the future. I remember my sixth grade operetta when I played Mary Poppins. The only reason I got the part was my British accent. It wasn't particularly good, but it did make me stand out.

Time to call it a day. Have a great weekend.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment