Sunday, October 25, 2009

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Yesterday was hair day for me. Boy, did I need it!! I love to highlight my hair a little darker in the fall. Mandy added a little red for fun. Unfortunately, I'm noticing that I need to do this a little more often then say oh a few years ago!!! Surely it can't be because I'm getting older??? Last night we went over to my parents for hamburgers. All in all it was a good day.

Today I woke up early and decided to do some cooking. Hey, whenever the cooking bug hits you have to cook. I first made some pancakes for breakfast. Unfortunately we didn't have any syrup, so I had to make a run to Safeway (No shower, no make-up= kind of scary). Oh well, I figured I wouldn't see anyone. I got home and finished mixing up the batter. They turned out really yummy, so I decided to continue the streak and try a new recipe. I had bought all the ingredients to make chicken pot pie the night before. All being the key word. I was about half way through when I realized I had a can of cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup. So that made another trip to Safeway with no make-up. I wore my sunglasses hoping to hide a little. Thank goodness I didn't see anyone. The chicken pot pie was delicious. I will definitely being making it more often. It is a Paula Deen recipe that Kelly had posted on her blog. I guess you could say I had a successful cooking day even if I made to two trips to the store within a hour. It is all about the results!!!

I took some pictures of my kitchen when I was finished. And then I took some after I cleaned up. Cooking would be great if you didn't have to clean it up!!

We finished up our day by going to Sunday night church. Paul Coleman formerly of the Newsboys helped lead the music. He sang several solos which were very good. It is amazing that Sunday night is the fourth service of the day and there is still over 1,000 people in attendance.

I guess I'm ready to start a new week. It is conference week, so that should be fun!! Have a good one!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment