Saturday, November 7, 2009

I guess it has been awhile since my last post. I thought I would start out the night with some Christmas music. It may seem early, but I wanted to really enjoy the season. I think Celine Dion has a wonderful voice, so who better than to sing O' Holy Night. I hope you enjoy. Come back to hear more later."

We are trying to recuperate from our hike this afternoon. Again, I was hoping it would be getting easier. It is such a feeling of accomplishment when we come down that last mile. All the sweat and tears seem to be worth it. Okay, maybe not a lot of tears, but definitely a lot of sweat. We met a nice couple at the peak who told us about another trail that offered some wonderful scenery. I had to laugh when I asked them how often they do the Gateway Pass. They very politely said, "Oh we come out every day." I can only hope that someday I can say the same thing. Let's just say that if I did it everyday, I would look just like them. Not an ounce of fat to be found!!!

We celebrated my dad's birthday last night. They grilled steak and my mom made red velvet cake (I think I know why we are all hiking). He wanted a hiking pole and a water hydration pack. We found a great pole at Cabelas and today he found a camelbak to hold his water and any other supplies. I know I really like my pack. Can't imagine not having it when you are out in the middle of the desert.

School is going great. This week we had some visitors from the district office visit our sixth grade tutorial class. They seemed very excited to see the students using Cornell notes and working in learning communities. I'm currently developing an inquiry based science learning project that we will be conducting with the sixth grade next spring. I am hoping to have some collaboration with some local companies and higher institutions. I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

I guess it's time for a nice hot shower. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment