Sunday, October 11, 2009

It is a beautiful Sunday here in Arizona. I just completed my first Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure. A friend and I walked the 5K along with a few thousand other people this morning in downtown Phoenix. We had a great time. I was amazed at all the people there. Breast cancer sure has come a long way in the last 60 plus years. We were able to wear tags that either said in memory of or in celebration of someone who had cancer. I wore two. My in memory was for my Grandma Zugmier, who died from breast cancer in 1945. My in celebration was for my mom and mother-in-law. I thought I might need a coat this morning. It was 63 degrees!!!! But I forgot this is Arizona and it warms up quickly. I felt kind of bad for thinking I needed a coat when in Kansas it really is cold!!

Today is my brother's birthday, so we will be celebrating later this evening. He is very hard to buy for, but I think he will like his gift. My mom has made him a lemon cake, so that should be good. Yesterday, I tried to make cake balls. I had heard some great things about them and they sounded easy. I was disappointed because the store didn't have almond bark, so I had to use white chocolate chips. The consistency was not right, but we managed. My friend pointed out that I probably had the chocolate chips too hot. I will have to remember that next time. And, yes I will try these again!!

I have another Monday off tomorrow. I'm really starting to get use to having four day weeks. I think I'm having lunch with a friend. On Thursday, I'm helping take 152 fourth graders to ASU. Field trips are not my favorite thing to do. We are attending a jazz concert and then touring the campus. Our time is very limited, so we will have to walk fast!! I will definitely be wearing my running shoes that day!!

I guess I have a few things to do before church. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment