Friday, January 2, 2009

Well, we were concerned about our Betta fish, Archie, last night. He was not doing very well. I was disappointed because I thought I had done everything right to make his living conditions as ideal as possible. He would not eat, so we thought he was dying. I had been very concerned about his water lately after we had taken it into Petsmart to be tested. It was full of all kinds of impurities!! And this was the water from our faucet!!! Well, in a last ditch attempt to help Archie, we took out all rocks and put in bottle water into his tank. I knew that when I got up today, I probably would not have a fish anymore. I prayed to God last night asking for a miracle. When I went downstairs and looked towards his tank, I saw a totatlly different fish!! He was swimming around like crazy. I even got him to eat some food. I was so excited!! I know he is only a fish, but he was created by God. It got me to thinking about my own Christian life. It we put junk or impurities in our life, we will reap junk and impurities. We will be spiritually sick if not also physically sick. I don't know about you, but that is not a pretty outcome. I like to think that the Bible is my bottle water. Archie and I are taking it one day at a time. We will make sure we are always swimming in "clean water."

No comments:

Post a Comment