Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin

Let the countdown begin. I'm down to my final days, hours and minutes before I go back to the life known (at least from August to May) as teacher. This last week of summer has been very busy, but fun as I have been able to spend time with friends, work in my classroom and watch few good movies.

This morning I dropped off a load of supplies at school before heading out to have lunch and watch a movie with a friend. I'm meeting with the 2nd grade team tomorrow and didn't want to make tons of trips from the car to my room. After spending about 45 mins. at school, I headed over to Laura's house. We watched Anne of Green Gables and enjoyed a yummy lunch of roast beef wraps. I really thought I was at the movies. She had all the snacks you could imagine (of course without the movie theater price)!! Thanks Laura for a fun afternoon.




We saw the movie SALT last night. It was pretty good. I'm not a big Angeline Jolie fan. However, I would see a sequel. And yes there will be one! I think I have seen every movie I wanted to this summer. We love going to movies in the summer!

My cousin posted some pictures of her classroom in Kansas. She did a really good job putting her room together. In fact, I like it so much I asked her to run by the store where she bought a few particular items and get some for me. I told her I was not above stealing or I meant to say borrowing some of her ideas. I can't wait to get them in a few weeks.

I guess it's time to go to bed. 7 will be here before I know it!
Cheri

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. Would you believe I have a blog called CHERI'S CHATTER also? I didn't know blogspot let more than one use the same name! Would you also believe I was a 2nd grade teacher until I retired in 2005??? Hope you have a great school year...I miss teaching very much. Second grade was my passion!
    cherischatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit! I can identify with people pronouncing your name wrong! Here's my story...my mother named me CHERYL (pronounced with the "ch" sound as in chair); my daddy didn't like it so nicknamed me CHERI (same "ch"). As a child I was always called this nickname by family, neighbors, some friends. I moved at age 13 and people would ask my name...I would say CHERYL. They would say SHERYL? Well, after going through that over and over I said to heck with it and started calling myself SHERYL even though I spelled it CHERYL! (Confused yet????) I wanted something "different" for my grandkids to call me...not GRANNY, NANA, etc. So decided to let them call me my childhood family name CHERI (just like "cherry"). Crazy, huh??? I sure miss getting my classroom ready for a new school year. That was always one of my favorite parts of teaching. Hope you have a GREAT YEAR!!! Let me hear about your new class.

    ReplyDelete