Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day One Of My Spring Stay-Cation

I'm not sure how this really happened, but somehow I was talked into hiking the Bell Pass yesterday. It was a whopping 7 miles with 2 of those miles being straight up. It took us a total of 6 hours from start to finish. Our energy bars kept us going, but I was really looking forward to my Chipotle later. It was my prize for my hard work. :) I have learned that hiking in the desert is really unlike hiking anywhere else that I know of. I lost track of how many lizards we saw. I guess they enjoy 80's degree too. The wildflowers were great too! It's too bad that in a few short weeks they will be gone and so will some of the spring color of the desert.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of our age or not, but we had to rest before we went to Chipotle. Kind of sad I know. On a positive note today, I am not sore at all!! I'm ready for day two!
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment