Sunday, January 17, 2010

We are just about to settle down and watch a movie, so I thought I would update my blog. I'm really excited that I have tomorrow off for MLK. You can't beat three day weekends.

Yesterday, I had my Alpha Delta Kappa meeting. We met for breakfast at a unique restaurant near South Mountain. I had some delicious french toast that melted in your mouth. Afterwards we went to our mystery tour location. The Mystery Castle has long been part of Phoenix history dating back to the early 1930's. It is something you should see at least once. The builder's daughter even still lives there. She is now 85 years old! ADK does one mystery tour a year.

I got home just in time to watch the Cardinals play football. Needless to say, it was very disappointing. I guess football season is over for me, so now it's time to move on to basketball. I decide to make some sausage balls and put in the freezer. I found a great recipe that is so easy. We all love them!

This morning I got up and decided to be very energetic. I did some cleaning and even managed to do some cooking all before noon. I have gotten the idea from several blogs to do all your cooking for the week on one day. I think it's a great idea and would probably be very helpful, but I have not gotten organized yet to pull off this feat. I will definitely try it sometime.

After church tonight, we stopped by Barnes and Noble to browse through the books. I found several items from bookmarks to bags that had the saying, "Keep Calm and Carry on." It is a saying from WWII that I really like. They even did a different take on it. "Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake." Love it!!

C.




No comments:

Post a Comment