Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I thought I would write a quick note tonight. I just made a new recipe. This Friday is my day to help bring breakfast for the teachers. After hearing a lot of people talk about sausage balls, I decided to try to make some. I think they turned out pretty good. To top it off they were easy too! You can't beat that combination. I will definitely be making them again.

I had my first graduate class last night. It was ok. I'm thinking linguistics might be a little difficult. It is interesting, so I hope to learn a lot. I only have eight classes, but each class is five hours long. Fortunately, last night we were done a hour earlier.

February is starting to look very busy at school. I was able to finalize plans this week for ASU's college of engineering to work with the sixth graders to make solar ovens out of pizza. ASU also has another program called, "College is For You." Our fifth graders will be taking part in this on Feb. 22nd and 23rd. I had only two sixth graders students sign up to be AVID tutors. I was a little disappointed with the lack of students applying, but I also knew I made the application process challenging. I met with the girls at lunch yesterday about the expectations. They will be helping me on Friday to check AVID binders. I hope they will encourage other students to get involved. Whew! I think I'm looking forward to March!

I guess this pretty much sums up my mid-week review. Please remember to keep Haiti in your prayers.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment