Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wow what a week!! This has been a very busy, but nice week. Here is a very brief recap.

After class on Tuesday night, we had dinner with my dad and cousin who was in town from Dallas. We figured that it had been 17 years since we last saw each other!! It was nice to catch up. We had dinner at Monti's near ASU. We had never been there, but the restaurant has been a landmark in Phoenix for some time. Very rustic and western. I thought we were going to get lost as they seated us as it seemed we winded around and around.

On Wednesday, we did a very minor hike up Pinnacle Peak. We had not done this trail in several months, so I was hoping it would be easier since we have been hiking four miles every week for the last month. Well, what a difference a month made!! I felt like we could have gone further, but time did not permit it. It's nice all that hard work is paying off! With everyone schedules this weekend, we probably will not go out until next Wednesday.

Since Wednesday was Veteran's Day, I was off from school. My mom and I did some shopping. She took me to great consignment store. I found a sweater that will be perfect for Arizona winter. I think this will be a favorite place to shop. As great as it was to have the day off, it really confused me the rest of the week. I woke up on Friday thinking it was Saturday!! Oh well, at least I didn't miss Saturday!

Thursday night we went to Harkens theater to watch Journey to Everest presented by Mission One. Mission One supports key leaders and national missionary teams doing evangelism, church planting and holistic ministry among Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and tribal peoples in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. They are located in Scottsdale. The film was great. The director, David Kiern is developing movies that are adventure/faith documentaries. One thing I know after watching the movie, I have a long way to go before I would ever attempt to hike to Everest base camp!!

Well, once I realized that it was Friday and not Saturday I finally got myself to school. It was a pretty good day. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away though. Friday night we decided to experience some of the local entertainment and went to Fort McDowell's Adventures. I was a little concern when we got off the highway and proceeded to go down and dark, dust road which felt like miles (it was only 2, but hey it was dark outside). I was pleasantly surprised when we finally got there. It is definitely a family event. It is set in an old adobe mission. They had everything form hayrides to Famous Dave's Barbecue. Live music complemented the evening. The only downside was how dusty the car got. Lucky for us, my dad likes to clean cars!!!

This morning, we got up early to help with the all work day at church. I was assigned to the administration offices. I dusted, swept, and cleaned a few bathrooms. We worked along with one of the full-time facilities members. Afterwards, I thanked her for the work she did. I know she gets paid, but that is still a lot of work they do every week. I did learn a very important cleaning lesson today. You should not overlook dusting the office chairs!! I came home this afternoon and cleaned ours. They were not a pretty sight!!

I guess this pretty much raps up the week. I'm not sure I was brief though. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

C.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! You commented on my blog and asked where I got a pair of grey flats...they are from Wal-Mart! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete