Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!! I hope everyone has an awesome day. I decided to add some patriotic music to my blog for the holiday. I hope you enjoy. I remembered the Sandy Patty rendition of the Star Spangled Banner from 1986, when President Regan celebrated the bicentennial of the the Statue of Liberty (I know this dates me). I thought it was fitting again since they are reopening the crown today. It has been closed since September 11, 2001. I also have included America the Beautiful, by Ray Charles and American Soldier by Toby Keith.

We are celebrating the Fourth with family today. I did make my cupcakes. It's amazing how one box, four eggs, and some oil can taste soooo good. While they may not look like 4th of July cupcakes, they do have a certain birthday look to them, so that is close enough for me! Of course the highlight of the day will be some homemade ice cream!!

I was hoping we were going to get some monsoon rain last night, but I think it right around us. I love thunderstorms!! So if you have some rain falling today, enjoy it for me! I just hope it does not rain out any plans you may have! That is the good thing about rain in Arizona. Here for a few minutes and then gone. I guess we will just have to make do with 100+ temperatures!! I'm not complaining!! We don't have to shovel sunshine or heat!

Remember to thank a veteran or soldier today. Freedom is not free!!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment