Sunday, December 13, 2009

I can't believe it is Sunday night and I have not written all week. I need to try to do better. I really don't want this to become a weekly blog, but that is what it has become. I guess Sunday is when I reflect on my previous week and prepare for the one ahead. Or maybe it's because sometimes it's just hard to think of things to write about. Any hoot, it has been busy one.

I attended an AVID critical reading workshop all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I thought it was very helpful and something I could definitely use at the school I'm at this year. I was the only elementary teacher there though. It is a whole different world with high school teachers. It's funny that I always say I could not imagine teaching high school. And high school teachers say they could not imagine teaching elementary students. I guess we all have our place. Good thing I don't have to teach in a one room school house. I would be in trouble.

Tuesday night we celebrated my mom's birthday. We ate at McGrath's Fish Market. I had my faithful shrimp platter. I'm not big on fish, but I love shrimp. We then capped off the birthday celebration with my Angel Pumpkin cake that I had made earlier. It was okay, but I think I have had enough pumpkin for awhile.

Thursday night I attend my first Alpha Delta Kappa sorority meeting/party. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed getting to meet other teachers. The group has about 35 members and is made up of retired and current teachers. Next month they are having a mystery tour, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm hoping this week goes fast. The 18th is the last day before our break. I think we are having our Arizona Christmas next Sunday night. We will be heading to Kansas later the next week.

I hope everyone has a great week!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment