Thursday, October 15, 2009

I can't believe it is Thursday night already. I guess it helped having Monday off, but this week still feels like it flew by. Today was a very busy day at school. We took 152 fourth graders to Arizona State University. They were able to watch a jazz concert and take a very quick tour of the campus. I thought it was funny that the highlight for some was noticing you could eat Panda Express on campus. We were also able to go through the tunnel on the football field. Afterwards, a member of the girls' basketball team spoke to the students about working hard in school. Arizona State has 67,000 students on their Tempe campus. Quite different then Wichita State. It was hot outside, but still fun for everyone.

We are still recovering from our four mile hike yesterday. Some of us were very anxious to try this path, while I was very hesitant. Everyone we talked to said it only took 1 1/2 hours. Well, 2 hours and four miles later we made it around this very large mountain. I think some of us failed to take into consideration that these people were probably in better shape than us. It did feel good to say we made it. I think our new goal is to try to do this trail twice a week. We will see how that goes.

I will be helping my mom with her candle open house this weekend. Hopefully we will have a good turnout. I wish the weather was going to be cooler. I think it could be a weekend of 100 degree temperatures. Not really feeling like fall.

I guess this is all the news for tonight! Have a great Friday!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment